The Makery Cake Company – About Us
Your Creative Cake Place: Denver’s Source for Elegant Wedding Cakes, Delicious 3D Cakes, AND Unique Parties
OK, Ok… nevermind that it looks like our logo says “The M Bakery…” You know what we mean…
The Makery’s story is kind of funny. It is all the owner’s sister’s fault that we are here! Sis was getting married, Dez is very artistic and always helped Grandma bake, and somehow that morphed into her starting a bakery after she got her MBA…nevermind that she was a molecular biologist working on curing cancer at the time. That was 2003. It took some time to do all the necessities and legalities, but we opened our doors at our facility June 21, 2006 and we have been Denver’s amazing custom cake source ever since. We love our customers who made it possible for us get to where we are now, and it really shows!
Why The Makery Cake Co?
- We have been on Food Network’s Unwrapped.
- We were featured on Food Network’s Designer Wedding Cake Off .
- We have won Best of the Knot.com‘s “Hall of Fame” Award.
- We’ve won Weddingwire.com‘s couple’s choice consecutively since 2011.
- We’re on 250 of Denver’s wedding venue’s preferred vendors lists (they’ve eaten a lot of cake!)
- We give YOU a 10% discount if you are working with venues or other vendors featuring us on their recommended vendor list.
- We’re called by FOX31 in as an expert in Denver’s sugar world for features.
- We won Denver’s “Confectioner of the Year” 2019 by The National Association For Catering and Events Greater Denver Chapter
- Event Integrity (vetted and trusted event pro organizers) did a spotlight on us.
- We were just featured on KUVO‘s wine and food pairings with Carolyn Joy of Joy Wine and Spirits.
- Our pink champagne cake was featured in Avid Lifestyle Magazine.
- Our fearless leader, Dez, was spotlighted in Colorado Meetings and Events Magazine (page 56).
- We are Tri-County Health Department Inspected, Licensed, and Insured (Cottage/home bakers are not inspected by the health department)
- We have been trusted and loved in Denver since 2006.
The Makery Cake Company was started in 2006 by a molecular biologist who had an artistic streak and a love for sharing edible art with the world. We’ve become the go to place for the wedding curious as well as people who have big imaginations and a sweet tooth. You wouldn’t usually think of us for your everyday cake, probably just our masterpieces of sugar to make a splash, but we do those “just because” cakes for you, too. No matter what cake we make for you, we pour in our hearts and souls. We’re one of the best bakeries in Denver that specializes in wedding cakes, birthday cakes, and occasion cakes!
Our founder (and said former Moleular Biologist), Desiree Kelly, started the local chapter of the International Cake Exploration Society, Started the Sweet Times in the Rockies Cake Show, in on her son’s Cubscouts of America‘s parent committee, and currently finds herself on the Board of Directors for the Natioinal Association of Catering and Events, runs the Choctoberfest Chocolate Cake Showdown, on the advisory board of The Emily Griffith Opportunity School’s Baking and Pastry Program and Trulife Studios, and has been featured in Colorado Meetings and Events Magazine (Page 56).